If you’re interested in obtaining a Pennsylvania medical marijuana card, the following steps will guide you through the process. We’re currently serving patients at our Scranton dispensary and preparing to open two additional locations in Northeastern Pennsylvania, so it’s great time to get your medical card. Please review the following info and feel free to contact us if there’s anything we can help with.
Qualifying for the Program
In order to participate in the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program, you must be a Pennsylvania resident and have a qualifying medical condition. Patients diagnosed with any of the following conditions are eligible to participate:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) / AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)
- Huntington’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Intractable Seizures
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurogenerative diseases
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Terminal illness
If you’re interested in registering with the program, the first step is to create a patient profile in the Department of Health’s Patient and Caregiver Registry. You’ll need a Pennsylvania Driver’s License or State ID number in order to prove residency. Note: Please be sure to enter your information exactly as it appears on your Pennsylvania ID.
In order to complete your patient registration, you’ll need to obtain a medical marijuana recommendation from a Pennsylvania physician who is authorized to approve patients for the program. If your doctor hasn’t registered with the program yet, they may sign up through the Physician Registry. If you’re having trouble finding a participating physician, a list of approved practitioners is available here.
When discussing medical cannabis with your physician, it’s important to be honest about your health situation and explain why you believe this treatment option will be beneficial for you. If your physician agrees to approve you, they must submit your patient recommendation through the online registry. At this point, your patient registration record will be updated to indicate that you’ve received your physician recommendation.
Completing Your Registration
Once your physician recommendation has been submitted, you must return to the Patient Registry to complete the registration process. You’ll need to pay the $50 processing fee, after which your patient application will be processed and your medical marijuana card will be issued to you.
Visiting the Dispensary
As an approved patient, you’ll be welcome to visit any of our convenient Pennsylvania dispensary locations. Our friendly staff will welcome you to the facility and answer any questions you have about our products and services. Please visit our Contact Page to sign up so we can keep you updated as we get closer to opening our doors and serving patients. We look forward to seeing you!